About the job
Veygo was founded 6 years ago – part of the pioneering incubation venture ‘Admiral Pioneer’ - created to seed and launch exciting scale ups to disrupt existing marketplaces.
Veygo has so far seen an impressive 50% YoY growth. We currently provide our customers with temporary and learner car insurance - products designed to make life easier for those wanting to share or borrow cars, insure their own car for a short amount of time, or for people learning to drive.
What makes Veygo different?
- We’re building flexible policies for learner drivers and people looking to share cars – whether owned or borrowed.
- Veygo provides comprehensive cover to those customers, meaning that the car owner’s existing insurance policy and no claims bonus is safe if the person borrowing the car has an accident.
- All Veygo’s insurance is available by the hour, day, week or month and customers can get a quote in minutes.
- All backed by Admiral, voted Best UK Car Insurance Provider six years in a row by The Personal Finance Awards.
Whilst our mission today is to put people in control of their own journey our ambition is to create a youth lifestyle brand that take us beyond car insurance. Disruption is in our DNA and we’re always relentlessly looking for collaborative self-starters and innovators with the desire to challenge how we do things today; to push the boundaries and drive us through our onward growth journey. Veygo’s culture is vibrant, open, creative, and disruptive.
Security at Veygo
Veygo is a cloud only and multi-cloud organisation, you will work within the InfoSec team to engineer and support multiple environments to ensure that the systems and data always remain secure. We want to build a positive, inclusive and sustainable security culture through continuous engagement and positive reinforcement of good security behaviours. InfoSec is part of our amazing tech team who you will work with closely to design, implement and manage security solutions. You will also work with the rest of the business to find the best solutions and achieve our security outcomes, protecting our customers and the organisation.
At Veygo we’re really passionate about building great software, using modern technologies, following industry best practices and a mantra of win or learn. We don’t have (and don’t want to have) arbitrary experience or qualifications requirements as we would then be just ticking boxes and that’s not what we do. We currently have several non-graduates and people who studied unrelated degrees on the team who are invaluable… as long as you’re passionate and enthusiastic, we’d love to chat to you.
Who we’re looking for
- You are able to effectively and empathetically communicate and work with all stakeholders
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- You will have knowledge of public cloud technologies, ideally AWS but not essential
- Experience of working in a DevOps, Security and/or software development role
- You are proficient in log analysis, SIEM and EDR solutions
- Previous experience using infrastructure-as-code technologies including Terraform and CloudFormation
- A good understanding of API’s, websites & Mobile Apps.
- Experience in incident response/SOC, in writing procedures and runbooks
- Experience of selecting, implementing, and maintaining security products and services
- Knowledge of common security weaknesses and associated mitigations
- A genuine enthusiasm for identifying security problems and creating solutions to fix them.
- Security or cloud related certifications are a bonus but not a requirement
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be jumping straight into some relevant projects and initiatives, which will enable you to collaborate with multiple teams and champion our security strategy across the company. Your collaborations coming up will be with the engineering teams, ITSM, Data and the Product teams. You will have the opportunity to design and improve solutions for alerting and vulnerability management, plus implement relevant security tools. The plan is to shift left, increase visibility, empower our colleagues with security knowledge, reduce unnecessary risk and protect the business.
More about your tasks
Designing, building and maintaining internal security tools, controls and services
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Championing best practice for application security and cloud infrastructure, supporting our engineering teams and being the subject matter expert.
- Automating security processes and procedures
- Analysing logs, files and identifying malicious activity
- Investigation, triage and management of security incidents as part of the Security Incident Response Team
- Evaluation and implementation of security products and services
- Maintain and improve our vulnerability management program, while creating and assigning tickets to ensure that any potential threats are quickly addressed and mitigated
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration
Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AZ
We are currently hiring for a Customer Care Handler to join Veygo on a Fixed Term basis! About Veygo Veygo offer app-based flexible short-term car insurance. Whether it be learner driver insura
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
We’re looking for Senior iOS Developers to join our team and bring our existing app in house. Over the next 18 months, we’re transitioning towards an App-first approach and need strong iOS engineers t
Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AZ
We’re looking for a Engineering Manager to join our team at Veygo! About Veygo Veygo was founded 6 years ago – part of the pioneering incubation venture ‘Admiral Pioneer’ - created to seed and
After deciding to switch careers and enter the Tech industry, Zoe completed the Code First Girls nanodegree and landed a Software Engineer role in Veygo. With just an interest in coding and no
Ever wanted to work at a start-up, but don’t know where to start? What if you could be part of a start-up, enjoying the culture and pace, but have access to the security and resources of a FTSE
For me, part time working boils down to a simple philosophy: attaining balance in different areas improves performance in all areas – Gunnar Peters, CEO Veygo. So, who am I? I’m German, born
Prior to working at Veygo Simon worked at a mobile network called Giffgaff, based in West London. His primary role was running the handset financing operation and he was also responsible for FC
Louise began her career, as many of us do, in the call centre. In November 2015, she joined us a New Business call handler, which was her first job after graduating. I’d heard that Admiral wa
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.