MBA Future Leaders Program 2022
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
“We’re looking for people with the potential to become the future leaders of our FTSE100 company.
If you are curious, pragmatic, nice to work with and not afraid of making your own way, we want to hear from you! We need leaders who want to have impact - and we’ll help you get there.”
So, who are we and what can this role offer you?
The Admiral Group was founded by two MBAs with the aim of providing an enriching, challenging, and fulfilling work environment, while making a positive impact on the world and our customers.
Having been purely led by our founders until 2020, we have built a company based on innovation and long-term growth. We are now a highly successful and profitable FTSE 100 company with operations in the UK, France, Italy, Spain and the USA and a market cap of over £10bn. We have also been voted a Great Place to Work in every single one of our operations, something we are immensely proud of.
You would report directly to our new Group CEO, Milena Mondini, who started her own journey at Admiral on the Future Leaders Program in 2008, providing you with endless opportunities to learn, develop and grow. You will focus on three key areas: strategy, new ventures, and product – both in the UK operations and internationally.
Your role will bridge senior strategy consulting and hands-on execution to solve real business problems and drive growth. It’s a high impact role designed to kickstart your career and prepare you for a senior management position. No specific prior knowledge or experience is required.
- Work with senior executives on key strategic issues facing the business
- Provide an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to your assignments
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, problem solving and developing final recommendations
- Engage with stakeholders across the business
- Drive proposals through to implementation and final results
- Communicate findings with senior management and the broader organization
- Work with various stakeholders to take products from ‘test and learn’ into ‘production’ phase
This role is based in our HQ in Cardiff, UK. There are also opportunities in Paris, Rome, and Seville, however you are likely to be considered for a more specific role vacancy rather than the project based (rotational) Future Leaders Program for any operation outside of the UK.
Specific requirements of the role
- MBA from a top business school
- Experience advising senior management
- Experience managing people
Desirable traits and attributes
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a keen interest in developing businesses
- Analytical and strategic skills, but also pragmatic and results-oriented
- Ability to take ownership of your projects, whilst still collaborating effectively with colleagues across the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved
- Appetite to work across the Group’s international operations
- Personality and a sense of humor (we believe work should be fun!)
- Passionate about making things happen
- Fluency in one of our operational languages (French, Italian, Spanish) would be a bonus
Follow our MBA Leadership Programs on LinkedIn for insights into the company, interviews with senior managers, and MBA stories.
We are now looking for people to start in our September 2022 intake. However, we are happy to be flexible with dates/start you sooner and will take individual circumstances into account.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're voted as one of the Sunday Times’ Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
TeaserGraduates and Students
Searching for your dream graduate job? If you’ve just graduated or you’re on your way there, exciting times lie ahead! As you embark on your professional journey, it's important to choose a
An MBA can put you in a great position to reach your career goals. Employers recognise the value in the strong business attributes that come from having an MBA, and we’re no different. Our SPA
Loris Vernier joined Admiral in 2022 as an International Pricing Manager on the SPARK Programme after completing his MBA at ESADE Business School in Barcelona. Can you tell us about life
Heard about our MBA Programs but not sure which is right for you? Not to worry, we’re here to explain the difference between the two. We’re always looking out for great leaders who can
Tavish Srivastava joined Admiral in January 2021 as a Business Development Manager on the Future Leaders Program after completing his MBA at INSEAD. Tell us about your background I am a
Chris Last is on our Future Leaders Programme, read his career story below! What do you do in Admiral and how long have you been working here? Hello! My name is Chris Last and I’ve been
Peter Marissen, International Pricing Director, joined Admiral over twenty years ago after completing his MBA at INSEAD. We find out what has kept him excited to this day and hear his advice f
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.