About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Veygo provides short-term car insurance and aims to empower people through progressive and flexible mobility. Veygo’s products are designed to make life easier for those wanting to share cars, insure their own car for a short amount of time, or for people learning to drive. Its mission is to put people in control of their own journey.
It notably offers flexible insurance for learner drivers or people looking to share cars once they've passed their test.
Veygo provides comprehensive cover to those customers, meaning that the car owner’s insurance policy and no claims bonus is safe if the person borrowing the car has an accident. All Veygo’s insurance is available by the hour, day, week or month and customers can get a quote in minutes.
Veygo has sold over two million insurance policies and is proud to be part of the Admiral Group. Its comprehensive insurance is provided by Admiral, voted Best UK Car Insurance Provider six years in a row by The Personal Finance Awards.
At Veygo, we value highly-driven, lateral thinking Product Managers who deliver impact quickly. These individuals will have a curious mind-set and take a customer-first approach to problem solving. A true visionary who can inspire others and ultimately take a concept to a product launch in line with Veygo’s commercial objectives.
This is an opportunity to join our growing Product and Design team as a Product Manager who has a focus on driving new customer growth and acquisition in a cross-functional team. Ideally you’ll have experience of commercial marketing, making changes that impact the top line.
- The primary driver for identifying significant opportunities, and driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader company strategies and goals.
- Understand company strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with our mission and recognized best in the industry.
- Maximise efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Incorporate data, research, and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps
- Plan, initiate, and conduct information technology projects for web-based products and platforms
- Lead the ideation and launch of innovative tools, platforms, and/or products
- Drive product development with teams of world-class engineers and designers, while maintaining team health.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to drive product vision, define product requirements, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones.
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to improve engineer productivity and enhance user satisfaction.
- Drive and advocate a continuous improvement culture e.g. define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products. Identify and track key performance metrics.
- Have a strong commercial mindset and apply decision making in the context of key metrics and objectives
- Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Product management or product design
- Commercial marketing
- Working in a technical environment with a broad, cross functional team to drive product vision, define product requirements, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones
- Delivering technical presentations
- Analysing complex, large-scale data sets and making decisions based on data
- Gathering requirements across diverse areas and users, and converting and developing them into a product solution
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies, and design
- Displaying leadership, organizational and execution skills
- Proven communication skills
- Experience defining vision and strategy for a product.
- Experience going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- Experience recruiting and leading a cross-functional team of world-class individuals.
- Enthusiastic and resilient in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AZ
We are currently hiring for a Customer Care Handler to join Veygo on a Fixed Term basis! About Veygo Veygo offer app-based flexible short-term car insurance. Whether it be learner driver insura
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
We’re looking for Senior iOS Developers to join our team and bring our existing app in house. Over the next 18 months, we’re transitioning towards an App-first approach and need strong iOS engineers t
Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AZ
We’re looking for a Engineering Manager to join our team at Veygo! About Veygo Veygo was founded 6 years ago – part of the pioneering incubation venture ‘Admiral Pioneer’ - created to seed and
After deciding to switch careers and enter the Tech industry, Zoe completed the Code First Girls nanodegree and landed a Software Engineer role in Veygo. With just an interest in coding and no
Ever wanted to work at a start-up, but don’t know where to start? What if you could be part of a start-up, enjoying the culture and pace, but have access to the security and resources of a FTSE
For me, part time working boils down to a simple philosophy: attaining balance in different areas improves performance in all areas – Gunnar Peters, CEO Veygo. So, who am I? I’m German, born
Prior to working at Veygo Simon worked at a mobile network called Giffgaff, based in West London. His primary role was running the handset financing operation and he was also responsible for FC
Louise began her career, as many of us do, in the call centre. In November 2015, she joined us a New Business call handler, which was her first job after graduating. I’d heard that Admiral wa
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.