Claims Risk Lead Manager (Motor)
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
The Lead Manager will have Team Managers as direct reports and responsibility for the teams they manage. Supporting Claims by taking a proactive role in ensuring adherence to the EUI Risk Framework; Internal Policy; FCA and any other relevant regulation.
They will be key in developing new processes and risk management techniques and tools across areas such as Emerging Risk and Digital Risk. They will engage with various stakeholders to challenge and support Claims activities and decisions.
The ideal candidate would be one who is looking to quickly fit into a fast-moving, innovative, and high-profile environment.
- Support the Operations Manager in:
- Ensure work of the department is aligned to achieving the Board’s targets and Claims Target Operating Model
- Setting the strategy, and objectives for the teams and reporting on the outcomes and Key Performance Indicators
- Maintaining the plan of work and ensuring that appropriate mix of resourcing, skills and time is allocated to work streams
- Drive risk accountability and ownership through influencing, challenging, and reporting
- Be a key contributor to EUI and Claims working groups, committees, and other forums
- Ensure appropriate regulatory advice provided for Claims projects, trials, and business changes
- Ensure reporting to Senior Management aids and informs decision making
- Provide leadership and support to management group to develop the team and deliver on objectives of the Department
- Ensure quality assurance and promote best practice, highlighting weaknesses and improving performance
- Oversee development of staff and adequate succession planning
- Communicate effectively with the Claims Risk Department and wider Claims Department, promoting a collaborative culture
- Ensure adequate staffing and overseeing recruitment and training
- Drive good productivity to ensure workloads are well managed
- Promote, maintain, and positively contribute to the Admiral Culture and the 4 pillars
- Strong awareness of market news and developments, which are shared with the Department and wider Claims
- Work with Claims Management to drive understanding and benefits of effective risk management and material change to existing risks
- Act as the link between central governance areas (Risk, Compliance, DPP) and Claims
Key Duties and Responsibilities as Motor Claims Risk Senior Manager
- To drive performance and positive change in all areas you have responsibility for including work partners.
- Ensure that continuing professional development is undertaken and appropriately recorded.
- To ensure everyone within your area is consistently trained and developed to a high standard.
- Act as a point of reference, technical support, and training capacity for Team Managers in Motor Claims Risk
- Assist Claims in its desire to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report risks across the all it’s departments
- Provide guidance and advice to key projects, supporting new propositions, products or areas of expansion
- Regularly attend and contribute in key Working Groups
- Experience in Risk Management and/or Compliance
- Proven understanding and familiarity with embedding risk management practices, and the requirements of Admiral policies and frameworks
- Practical experience in areas of Risk and/or Compliance noted in the duties is required
- Experience in training and developing people
- Positive stakeholder experience with Senior Mangers is desirable
- Proven track record of delivering work to high standards
- Ability to identify key priorities and to focus work using a risk-based approach
- Training or qualifications in Risk management will help but is not essential.
- Leadership skills are desirable
- Experience working in Agile environment a benefit but not essential
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Do you want to work for a multi-award winning business, where we put your career and development first? If this sounds like you, we have a unique opportunity for you to join our Claims team here a
South West/South Wales location of particular interest* We are looking for an outstanding proven general insurance (home) performance relationship manager to push forward the development and imple
Property Loss Adjuster (Particular interest in candidates located in the East Midlands & surrounding areas (PE/NG/LE/LN etc) Do you enjoy loss adjusting but also value family and personal time? Do
Across Admiral Group, we have an 11,000-strong workforce powering various businesses and departments like Admiral Law, Admiral Money, the Contact Centre, and Claims, our team thrives on diversit
Are you ready to embark on a career journey that's as exciting as setting sail on the high seas? Well, grab your compass and brace yourselves, because today, we're diving into the world of
Picture this: a role that not only challenges you but also empowers you to make a real impact. You might have heard about debt collection jobs before, but we do things differently at Admiral Mone
Introducing the next blog in our I Belong series where we give you a peek into what working at Admiral is like, meeting our fascinating and inspiring colleagues from around the Group and givin
We caught up with Tyler from our Van Claims department to find out what the future holds for the growing function. What do you do in the Van Claims department?As a Senior in the department,
Introducing our new blog series, I Belong, giving you a peak into Admiral, meeting our fascinating and inspiring colleagues from around the Group and giving insight into our friendly, diverse an
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.