Information Security Product Owner
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Admiral continue to invest in improving security and have an exciting roadmap to deliver in 2021/22. We have recently moved to Scaled Agile change delivery and are looking for 2 experienced Product Owners to help our highly successful and motivated Scaled Agile Delivery team achieve ongoing success while maturing our Scaled Agile delivery practices.
The role of Product Owner is critical to the Scaled Agile delivery process acting as the voice of the customer, managing Scaled Agile delivery via Jira backlogs focused on delivering value into the Infosec value streams.
Working in a fast-moving environment, a successful Product Owner will be highly motivated and energetic, demonstrated strong soft skills, LEAN/Agile practitioner, great stakeholder management and a great team player.
Ideal candidate has extensive experience in Agile delivery as product owner or business analyst and in delivery of security operations related improvements.
Remote location (UK only) with a few days per month in our HQ in Cardiff.
The InfoSec Product Owner is part of the InfoSec Squad Leadership within the Infosec Tribe. The Infosec Product Owner has overall accountability for being the Proxy Business Owner. Infosec Product Owners work closely with the Infosec Business Owners/delegate Business Owners and the InfoSec Product Lead to create and manage Squad backlogs to enable iterative and early value delivery. The InfoSec Product Owner supports the Squad in achieving the committed Key Results assigned to the Squad as defined in the Tribe Objectives and Key Results memo.
- Objective and Key Result Memo production.
- Acts as the voice of the customer.
- Owns and maintains the Squad backlog with a focus on delivering value.
- Identifies needs and translates these into Initiatives proposals.
- Define and agree the Epics and Stories needed to achieve the Objectives.
- Manages the scope of Squad’s Initiatives and Epics.
- Creating/contributing to squad artefacts - OKR Memo, initiative documents etc.
- Provides product assurance to ensure requirements are met.
- Identifies delivery related risks, issues and mitigation activity at the Squad Level under guidance from Product Lead.
- Collaborates effectively with other Tribe members.
- Contribute to knowledge transfer and process improvements across the wider Scaled Agile community.
- Supports delivery of committed key results assigned to the Squad as defined in the Tribe OKR.
- Prioritisation of the Squad backlog under guidance of the Business Owner/delegate Business Owner and the Product Lead.
- Managing the sprint iterations i.e creating/completing sprints.
- Dependency management in collaboration with other Product Owners.
- Developing ‘Definition of Done’ and Acceptance Criteria.
- Engaging with the Squad team, constructively challenges and provides continuous feedback to ensure the Squad outputs meets the acceptance criteria.
- Supports Squad Lead in Squad level ceremonies.
- Supports Product Lead and Squad Leads in managing scope and delivery related risks, issues and mitigations.
- Supports Product Lead to prepare for key events like Quarterly Business Review, Monthly Tribe Planning, Dependency and Portfolio Sync.
- Supports Product Lead to prepare for annual budget cycle.
- Supports development of delivery practices and standards for the InfoSec Tribe.
- Portrays the following values in everything they do: productivity, quality, transparency, and openness.
- Participates in relevant Tribe events.
- Collaborates and consults with other Product Owners, Product Lead & Business Owners.
- Engages with Infosec and wider business stakeholders to support the refinement of user stories and Epics.
- Builds and maintains relationships with relevant wider business domain teams
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Educated to a degree level (Preferably IS/IT related degree)
- Recognised Product Owner/Business Analyst Qualification (SAFE/IIBA/BCS)
- 5+ Years relevant product owner or business analyst experience (cyber security related improvements.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of tools such as: Jira, Confluence, MS Teams etc.
- Infosec risk management related experience and qualifications (CISSP, CISM, CompTIA, CSA, ISO 27001 lead implementer)
- Cyber security projects (ISMS, security risk management, supply chain management, policy and controls framework, security assurance, security KRI, BI and MI)
- Infosec security operations management related experience and qualifications (CISSP, CISM, CompTIA, CSA)
- Cyber security projects (SIEM, End Point protection, implementation of outsourced security services, security logging and monitoring, Key management, XSOAR, Threat Intelligence)
- Cloud service provisioning
- Finance sector/Insurance
- IT infrastructure including traditional ‘on prem’, PaaS, IaaS
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company. We have forward-thinking approaches and provide endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a Best Place to Work: our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion have created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, feel valued.
Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into a multi-national organisation. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now present in eight countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas:
Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're voted no. 1 in the 2019 Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here; https://admiraljobs.co.uk/employee-benefits/.
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Modern Workplace Team exists to provide end-to-end support of the back-office systems and applications which the Admiral business relies upon. Under your leadership, you will ensure your team unde
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.