About the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the UK Risk team!
You will be responsible for the review, support and development of the Enterprise Risk framework within EUI Ltd. This will involve reviewing and challenging the business to ensure that risks are identified, managed, measured and controlled, optimising EUI’s ability to balance risk and reward.
- Define and maintaining the suite of Risk Management Standards, which articulate the responsibilities and activities to be performed by the business for effective risk management aligned with internal and external requirements.
- Leading second line risk reviews on key current and emerging risks and controls, identifying, assessing, escalating, and reporting on potential risks, vulnerabilities, and issues to Admiral.
- Oversight of risk events throughout EUI, challenging the business on remediation and resolution of risk events, escalating any concerns as required.
- Performing trend analysis on incidents, risk events and near misses to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement across EUIs operational risks and controls.
- Facilitate and/or support stress tests and scenario analysis of key current and emerging risks.
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the Key Controls on current and emerging risks.
- Contribute to maintaining the Board Risk Register and Emerging Risk updates.
- Produce analysis and reporting of the risk and control environment ensuring timely identification of themes and emerging risks, issues and exposure and provide recommendation for action to allow reporting to relevant Committees.
- Support the production of reports on the EUI current and emerging risks for the Board Risk and Conduct Committee as well as other relevant committees.
- Provide consultancy and support to the business in managing risk within their areas via education and awareness sessions (workshops, additional training etc).
- Represent 2nd line Risk in relevant Committees, working groups and meetings.
- Remain aware of leading practices on managing risk and keep up to date on current industry practises and implement change where needed within the development plan ensuring timely insight on industry thinking.
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships across EUI.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Posses the ability to make effective and informed decisions.
- Keep up to date with the latest legislation and regulations that apply to the department.
Initiative and pro-activity
- Demonstrate an ability to seize opportunities without waiting for an event or having to be told.
- Quickly understands the business issues and challenges of the business.
Planning and Organising
- The ability to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
- The ability to tackle issues and problems in a logical, step-by-step way.
- The ability to understand the needs and priorities of customers (inside and outside the organisation) and the desire to meet their expectations.
- Ensure that all communication is clear and appropriate for its intended audience.
- Able to communicate with employee’s of all levels including senior management.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- +2 years Risk Management experience
- Commercially aware, proactive, forward looking, inquisitive and attention to detail.
- Working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider Risk team.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Educated to degree level.
- A strong understanding of the current regulatory landscape, macroeconomic environment and risk management techniques.
- Risk management qualifications are highly desirable.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
We’re looking for an experienced Security Risk Lead, to be a key part of the team responsible for oversight across the Admiral Group. Working in the Group function, rather than being aligned with a
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Internal Audit team. This opportunity will help you to fast track your career in Financial Services and we fully encourage your development! Our audit
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the Line 1 Risk Assurance team in the Customer & Conduct Department and establish a career in Risk, Governance and Compliance. Customer & Conduct are a
Meet Lianne – our newly appointed Privacy Communications Senior Manager in Data Protection & Privacy. Read on to learn more about Lianne’s role and team. What do you do in Admiral and h
We spoke with Shannon Smith, Senior Data Protection Executive, about her career so far in Corporate Governance. What do you do in Admiral and how long have you been working here?I have be
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.