Junior Project Manager
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Household Change team are searching for a Project Manager to join our expanding team. Household have big plans for growth and as a Household Project Manager you will directly support that goal. You will be part of a team which will drive forward change through all areas of Household from Product, Pricing & Underwriting to Claims and Complaints.
As a Household Project Manager, you will be expected explore new initiative and change requests, while reviewing value and benefits of the change. Project Managers are responsible for driving their projects forward from initial planning, right through to handing over to business as usual.
The role will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external, including suppliers. Forming relationships with the relevant areas of the business and pulling together all elements of work involved to complete the project. For example, through organising and coordinating tasks, creating project plans, engaging stakeholders, managing timelines and relationships to ensure on-time delivery, always with a focus on working to governance standards.
The Household Change area manage a wide range of different projects required by the various Household departments; this can be from small process changes to large IT projects. However always ensuring the most valuable changes are identified to improve the process for the business and the customer experience.
- Owning project delivery through from concept to closure.
- Creating and managing project plans including scope, schedule & budget.
- Effectively manage key project deliverables and dependencies in line with project schedule.
- Tracking & managing risks and issues that will impact the project delivery.
- Communicating project expectations/progress to key stakeholders.
- Lead and drive all aspects of Project delivery from business case to closure ensuring that key time, quality and cost milestones are achieved.
- Own and manage the project documentation.
- Take an active role in discussions about potential solutions and next steps.
- Conduct regular project team meetings with key internal and external stakeholders as appropriate to ensure that projects stay on track.
- Prepare monthly reporting both internally within Household and the wider business.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of Project Management experience, ideally in a digital change environment.
- Understanding of project management processes and terms, including an understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Recognised Project Management Qualification (APM, PMI, Prince2, etc.).
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in creating project plans with detailed work breakdown structure.
- Proactive and creative approach to taking on new tasks and getting things done.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to quickly understand new concepts and principles.
- Comfortable challenging processes and asking questions.
- Focus on providing solutions to problems quickly and efficiently.
- Possess good communication, analytical, and written skills.
- Self-motivated and delivery focused with excellent time management skills.
- Puts the customer at the heart of everything.
- Must be competent in Office software (including excel and PowerPoint. MSP preferred but not essential).
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships across functions.
- Personality and a sense of humour (we believe work should be fun!).
- Previous experience in insurance a plus.
- We will review your CV within 5 working days of application and get back to you.
- We will give you everything you need to work comfortably from home
- We have a Hybrid approach to work remote working, 1-2 days per week in our Cardiff office (or more if you prefer)
Please note - we may close this vacancy early if we receive lots of applications or business priorities change.
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Experience of household claims, including technical claims management and looking to move into a continuous improvement and audit role. You will play a major role in the audit programme of our hous
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Household Product is searching for a Product Manager to join our expanding team. Household has ambitious growth targets and continues to play a key role within the Admiral diversification strategy.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Home Insurance is a key part of Admiral’s strategy for the upcoming years. We are one of the fastest growing Home Insurance businesses in the UK market and we have bold plans to accelerate this growth
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.