Compliance Advice Executive
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We have an exciting opportunity to join the UK Insurance (EUI Limited) Function’s Compliance department with a role based in the Compliance Advice Team. As a member of EUI Compliance, you will be passionate about supporting a variety of teams to comply with regulatory requirements and deliver good outcomes to our customers.
About the Team
The role of the team is to provide customer-focused regulatory advice, guidance and challenge across all UK Insurance Functions, to ensure they deliver good outcomes to customers and comply with regulatory requirements.
As a Compliance Executive, you will support the implementation and ongoing adherence to regulatory requirements by providing independent review and challenge. The role is varied and can involve providing advice on smaller ad-hoc queries, through to larger scale regulatory change projects or new product launches. You will also be responsible for the oversight of regulatory submissions and Regulatory Applications for the UK Insurance Function.
In line with Regulatory Rules and Guidance:
- Provide advice, guidance, direction and interpretation on FCA regulatory requirements and developments
- Provide oversight to ensure both conduct and regulatory risks are fully considered for all new developments, product enhancements and product reviews
- Provide compliance oversight and challenge on key regulatory projects, supporting the assessment, as well as the accurate and timely implementation of regulatory changes
- Provide compliance support through attending key meetings (project Steerings, working groups and committees)
- Review and challenge the remediation proposals for customer-impacting risk events
- Review and challenge of regulatory submissions, including FCA information requests, SM&CR Regulatory Applications
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders across the business
- Support the wider team as required
Skills and Experience we are looking for
- Good understanding of the Financial Conduct Authority regulatory framework operating within the UK
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory developments
- Excellent communication, and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Customer focused
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work alone and proactively
- Attention to detail, with an analytical mindset
- Objective, timely and confident decision-making skills
- Previous industry experience.
- Open and honest approach
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
In March 2021, the FCA and PRA published several Supervisory Statements outlining their expectations for the operational resilience of Firms’ Important Business Services. The objective of those statem
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
We have an incredilbly exicitng opportunity for someone to join our Group Compliance team as Senior Compliance Manager. You will report into the Head of Group Compliance. Your role as Senior Compl
Meet Lianne – our newly appointed Privacy Communications Senior Manager in Data Protection & Privacy. Read on to learn more about Lianne’s role and team. What do you do in Admiral and h
We spoke with Shannon Smith, Senior Data Protection Executive, about her career so far in Corporate Governance. What do you do in Admiral and how long have you been working here?I have be
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.