About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our UK Finance team, working within the IT & Change Investment space. This is an exciting new role in a team that supports over £200m of our spend, and we’re looking for a person who will enjoy working with stakeholders across the organisation to drive strategic decision making to improve the customer and commercial outcomes in a fast-paced business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery of monthly management information
- Monitoring performance against budget
- Annual budget process
- Month end accounting close process
- Support the improvement of existing control and accounting processes
- Provide information to stakeholders across finance and the wider business
- Provide general support and perform ad-hoc tasks as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) with some post-qualified experience
- Experience of business partnering
- Self-motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude towards work
- Strong numerical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with management across the Group
- Strong task management skills including the ability to balance both project and ad-hoc work with regular responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy when producing work
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Finance and Acturial
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our UK Finance team as a Finance Transformation Accountant! You will be working with Finance Teams across the UK Group. You will report into a Senior Acco
Let’s talk about empowering women in finance At Admiral, we're all about levelling the playing field and creating an environment where everyone, regardless of their gender, can thrive and su
Picture this: a role that not only challenges you but also empowers you to make a real impact. You might have heard about debt collection jobs before, but we do things differently at Admiral Mone
Have you heard about our company in Gibraltar?Will Moulder recently joined Admiral Insurance Gibraltar Limited (AIGL), an entity within Admiral Group which holds the insurance licence and ho
James is one of our Actuarial Trainees, working towards becoming a fully qualified Actuary, hopefully this year! Read about his career journey below. What do you do in Admiral and how lo
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.