Data Quality Assurance Manager
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Data is the foundation on which Admiral is built. To meet our customers’ needs and expectations our data assets need to be accurate, reliable, and complete. The Data Quality Assurance Manager will be a pivotal and visible role in the organisation.
This is a new and exciting role, sat within our award-winning Data Protection, Privacy, Ethics and Quality function. This a role for an ambitious individual happy to land and expand the role. This is a second line role wherein you will fulfil a crucial alignment, and monitoring role. More-over you will use your expertise to help raise standards across all entities within our group.
We are looking for an individual who believes in doing data right and is able to be an evangelist for best practice.
- Assess maturity standards across the organisation.
- Developing consistent group wide reporting metrics.
- Identify and promote best practice across the organisation.
- Conduct thematic reviews and assurance assessments, as required.
- Write practical and realistic guidance papers.
- Work with entities to provide advice and address their challenges.
- Foster a community of data professionals across the organisation.
- Reporting to senior management.
- Ensuring organisational understanding of requirements and best practice.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- An experienced Data Quality or Data Governance professional.
- Holding a deep understanding of data quality, data quality matrix, master data management, reference data, cataloguing, and other aspects of data governance.
- Demonstrated ability to find pragmatic, practical, and creative solutions.
- The ability to ensure a Data Quality agenda is embedded across the organisation.
- An ability to prioritise work and deliver at pace.
- An individual with sophisticated influencing skills able to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- A champion for data quality, good practice and happy to raise the profile of this crucial activity.
- Experience working in a matrix or large international organisational.
- Experience with data cataloguing software.
- Experience with cloud data platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience, within a data quality or governance.
This will be a 2 stage interview.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
In March 2021, the FCA and PRA published several Supervisory Statements outlining their expectations for the operational resilience of Firms’ Important Business Services. The objective of those statem
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
We have an incredilbly exicitng opportunity for someone to join our Group Compliance team as Senior Compliance Manager. You will report into the Head of Group Compliance. Your role as Senior Compl
Meet Lianne – our newly appointed Privacy Communications Senior Manager in Data Protection & Privacy. Read on to learn more about Lianne’s role and team. What do you do in Admiral and h
We spoke with Shannon Smith, Senior Data Protection Executive, about her career so far in Corporate Governance. What do you do in Admiral and how long have you been working here?I have be
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.