Complex Team Manager
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
The Complex department deals with road traffic accident personal injury claims, acting on behalf of Claimants who have been injured and who may have suffered significant financial losses. The department is split into Litigation and Pre-Litigation teams, and we currently have a vacancy within our Pre-Litigation team as a Team Manager.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Overseeing and promoting the productivity of their team’s performance and targets (through KPIs).
- Ensuring that the team’s work is in line with our company SLAs.
- Providing technical guidance on files and generally.
- Identifying the training needs of their team and undertaking or arranging wider training where appropriate.
- Managing staff performance and giving them the coaching and development they require to help them achieve their career aspirations.
- Motivating a team of case handlers and ensuring team and individual performance is regularly monitored, managed and discussed with the individual handler.
- Conduct monthly team meetings and where appropriate buzzes, to ensure regular communication on team and business updates and progress.
- Conduct quarterly 121s and annual appraisals with each member of the team, including an individual Personal Development Plan.
- Where appropriate undertake Back-to-Work chats and wellbeing assessments.
- Ensuring we act within our regulatory framework and with the client’s best interests and instructions.
- Auditing the team’s cases and providing appropriate feedback (and training if relevant) to handlers, ensuring that all case plans are reviewed in accordance with the Complex Supervision Policy.
- Conduct monthly call answering sessions in accordance with the Complex Supervision Policy.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, working closely with our management group in order to continually develop the department and wider business.
- Identifying trends and have an analytical mind to assess and progress team and individual performance.
In addition, there are bespoke responsibilities in relation to:
- TMs are required to triage referrals into the Complex Department and allocate out accordingly, depending on individual experience and capacity.
- Arrange and provide regular feedback to referring departments and handlers.
- Offer input towards development of processes and documents for the Complex teams via FileStream.
- Ensuring Case Handlers are meeting their KPIs, and adhering to both firm and department specific wide guidance.
- Other reasonable tasks and responsibilities that may be required from time to time to support the wider department and the firm.
The Team Manager will need to:
- Display the ability to manage performance and productivity.
- Have an ability to lead a team, drive performance, develop people and maintain a strong and supportive culture.
- Display a thorough knowledge of personal injury, civil procedure, funding and strategy.
- Be able to consider, devise and implement new processes, structures and working practices to adapt to changes in the personal injury market.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
After his Law degree, Aden joined Admiral Law as a Case Handler. After years of progressing into various roles and qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive, Aden is now an Operations Manager.
Jenna Salmman joined Admiral Law in 2013 as a Case Handler. After years of dedicated studying, Jenna now awaits her practicing certificate to allow her to be a fully qualified CILEx Litigator
Introducing the third blog of our new series, I Belong; giving you a peek into Admiral, meeting our fascinating and inspiring colleagues from around the Group and giving insight into our frien
During the final year of her degree at Nottingham University, Harriet secured a placement with Admiral in the Claims department allowing her to change her Law degree to a Law with Finance degr
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.