Technical Security Consultant
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We are looking for a consultant to work as part of our Security Consultancy team to support the delivery of business change as we move capabilities to the cloud in a scaled agile environment with a strong and evolving DevSecOps approach. Work to support fast paced change in an exciting and growing business as Admiral continues to develop its offerings placing the customer at the centre of everything we do.
- Understand the Strategic Business Objectives, actively contribute to achieving them
- Provide technical security consultancy to the change delivery functions – agile & waterfall
- Assess and improve security posture in CI/CD pipelines
- Support the Security Champions Programme and DevSecOps
- Liaise with technical stakeholders within Agile Tribes, Projects, and Programmes
- Assess changes for technical vulnerabilities, threat models, assess security risk exposure, and identify appropriate controls to bring the risk within tolerance
- Engage effectively with specialists in Security Architecture, Security Operations, Security Culture, Security Delivery, and Security Risk and Governance teams to ensure completeness and consistency of the advice provided to delivery functions
- Ensure advice provided is of a high standard and based on best practice, supported by Security Leadership and withing the cost and risk tolerance of the organisation
- Work closely with specialists in Security Operations to build operational use cases for detect and respond capabilities by ensuring Logging and Monitoring, Incident Response, and Threat Intelligence are all considered and included in security requirements, are implemented, tested, and validated by the business change delivery owner
- Work closely with all areas of Infosec to provide continuous improvement of the advice provided from knowledge gained from analysing and resolving information security incidents that can be used to reduce the likelihood and/or impact of future incidents.
- Apply the information security risk assessment process to identify risks within the scope of the information security management system and identify the risk owners
- Act as a champion for information security initiatives and maintain high standards of integrity and professionalism
- Delivering risk assessment reports, threat modelling, and risk treatment recommendations in a timely and repeatable manner
- Contribute to, and maintain, an effective risk management mechanism to ensure that system owners have accurate and current a view of information risk exposure
- Meeting the InfoSec strategic objectives
- Continuously develop technical security skills and capabilities in line with the organisation’s strategic objectives
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Technical background, with knowledge of one or more of the following, Development, IT support, Data Science, networking or system administration
- Understanding of Cloud migration and Application Security development lifecycle and DevSepOps principles, automation, and familiarity with security architecture modelling
- Knowledge and experience of securing Azure and/or Google Cloud Platforms
- Knowledge and experience of using at least one risk methodology
- Security Software as a Service implementations
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills and a proven track record of working with businesses to meet strategic objectives
- Experience of threat modelling, risk/posture assessments, and control implementation
- Educated to degree level related to information security risk management
- Experience of agile and waterfall delivery environments
- Recognised security professional qualifications (e.g CISSP, CCSP, CISMP)
- Cloud specific qualifications (e.g – CSA CCSK, CCSP, AZ-900, GCP fundamentals)
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.