Senior Learning Developer
About the job
Join us at Admiral in a vibrant period for learning where creativity, curiosity and endless opportunities abound. As we evolve with digital technologies and learning methodologies, we're enhancing our blended learning offerings to provide impactful, timely education across the Admiral Group. If you excel in developing cutting-edge learning experiences and are motivated to drive change, you could be the Senior Learning Developer we're seeking.
We're forming a new specialised Learning Studio to work alongside our existing team of Learning Consultants, Solution Architects, Designers and Facilitators. This is an exceptional opportunity to create learning solutions for a wide range of departments including leadership, management, wellbeing, D&I and pathways for emerging talent, high-potential individuals and organisational change and culture.
We need an experienced Senior Learning Developer who can support the Learning Studio team and business in designing and delivering online learning solutions to enhance learner capabilities. Responsibilities include being reliable in design and delivery, following digital learning creation processes, engaging in stakeholder management, content creation and managing multiple projects to ensure timely delivery. You'll also research emerging technologies to ensure our solutions are cutting-edge.
You should be ready to engage fully, work collaboratively and support less experienced designers in achieving their potential. Your role will be crucial in driving the future of learning at Admiral, combining innovation, teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
The main aim of role will be develop impactful and engaging learning objects and assets for the talent in our business and the leaders of the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the designers and deliverers to ensure the correct learning solution is developed from the vision and scope, storyboards provided
- Coding (java script/ html) where appropriate to create content and effects
- Provide technical support when needed
- Solve problems by rewriting code or adding new code that works around the problem
- Ensure consistently high standards are met with output that compliments both designer and facilitator recommendations
- Content to be created in line with learning designer specs
- Bring Tech to life using apps, code, gamification, code system to do what we need audience participation
- Use interactive and engaging methods of delivery of content with measurable outcomes to fit designer’s brief
- Close working relationship with designer/ facilitator to ensure that the output meets requirements.
- Apply adult learning theories, tools and software as signposted by the designer
- Aspects of media development inc articulate and film production
- UI/UX Experience
- Review and assign work requests
Knowledge, core capabilities and experience:
- Robust graphic design capabilities
- High level of coding expertise is essential including java script/ html/unity/word press
- Learning gamification, leader boards, chat bots, sims, live feeds development is highly desirable
- Up to date with new tech learning trends and options
- Adult learning knowledge and experience
- Technical expertise in a range of Digital software tools and technologies (Storyline, Rise, Adobe Suite, CornerStone LMS) etc
- Sees things from start to end; having drive to finish projects to a high standard
- Ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines
- UI/UX Experience
- Curiosity for learning and discovering new or improved approaches and tools.
- Responsive learning design
- Multimedia design and production is a plus including video, animation, graphics
- High level of attention to detail
- Work to tight deadlines and prioritise a variety of work demands
Support and reporting lines
- The Senior Learning Developer will report into the Online Learning Manager
- The Senior Learning Developer will work closely with Learning Designers, Learning Facilitators, Digital Media Developers, Learning Solution Architect, Learning Managers, Learning Support Team and Head of Talent Acquisition and Development.
Admiral Group have a flexible working policy with remote, office and hybrid working options. Ideally, you will be able to commute to our office in Cardiff or Swansea on a weekly basis.
- We will review your CV within 5 working days of application and get back to you.
- We will give you everything you need to work comfortably from home.
Please note - we may close this vacancy early if we receive lots of applications or business priorities change.
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
With the constant advancement of EdTech, digital technologies and learning techniques we are enhancing our blending learning offering, delivering impactful and timely learning to our customers across
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Join our dynamic, enthusiastic team at Admiral, at the forefront of reshaping learning solutions within the Admiral Group. As we navigate the ever-evolving world of EdTech and innovative learning meth
Our recruiters at Admiral have interviewed and hired a great deal of people over the years. Sam, Nick and Zoe are here to use their experience to offer some general advice for anyone looking t
Holly Needs is our Diversity and Inclusion Lead. Read her career story below! I joined Admiral 19 years ago, having spent more than half of my career in our sites in Canada and India in
Andrew Viazzani heads up our Recruitment department – central to bringing in the thing that makes Admiral a success, our people! Read more about Andrew’s career journey so far. What do
Richard is the Head of People Operations in People Services, dealing with a wide range of complicated people issues for the business. Read about his career journey so far. What do you d
Danielle (Ellie) Jones has recently taken on the role of Corporate Sustainability Responsibility (CSR) Manager after seven years in our Recruitment area. Read on to learn more about Ellie’s
Amie began her career with us over six years ago when she finished her Business Management Degree. ‘’After I worked as a travel agent for just under a year I decided to apply to Admiral as so
Valva has only been working for Admiral since June 2016 but with her dedication and hard work, along with her international flare, she has already become a valuable member of the recruitment tea
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.