Senior Compliance Manager
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We have an incredilbly exicitng opportunity for someone to join our Group Compliance team as Senior Compliance Manager. You will report into the Head of Group Compliance.
Your role as Senior Compliance Manager
- Support the Group Head of Compliance design and implement activities to enhance the commerciality and value add of the function.
- To assist in leading the department and communicate matters affecting the function to both internal and external parties.
- To assist in the delivery of the Risk Enhancement Plan
- To lead on future Major Regulatory changes
- To identify and act on major compliance themes and issues arising across the Group.
- To help ensure that the supply of management information is appropriate to the department and fits with the operational needs.
- To act in accordance with the Risk Strategy and Policy, ensuring an appropriate risk register is maintained in the areas for which you have direct responsibility.
- Foster strong working relationships with other Compliance Managers across the Admiral Group and make a valuable contribution to the Senior Management Team.
- To develop a happy and talented team ensuring that the culture within the department reflects the four pillars of “Communication, Equality, Reward and Recognition and Fun.”
- To deputise for the Group Head of Compliance as required.
- Represent compliance at key committees and business projects and working groups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities as Senior Compliance Manager
- Assist in the delivery of the Group Compliance Plan
- Ensure delivery of any regulatory change management programme
- Support the quality of outputs across the Group Compliance Team
- Review and refine the data collected and utilised by Group Compliance
- Monitor key information releases to ensure that key members of the organisation are kept up to date with current Compliance issues and trends.
- Handle any Compliance queries that are generated by the organisation in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide a source of compliance advice for members of the organisation.
- Provide advice and train members of the Compliance Team.
- To treat information to which you have access with appropriate confidentiality.
- Make sure that our customers get good customer outcomes.
- Drive the development and monitoring of key performance indicators for the function including maintaining clear controls on performance and costs.
- To ensure we have strong succession planning for managers and to act in a mentoring capacity for middle managers.
- Ensure that continuing professional development is undertaken and appropriately recorded.
- To ensure everyone in the department is consistently trained and developed to a high standard.
- Provide leadership so that the department fulfils its regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks to the business in the area you have direct responsibility for and to ensure that all risk events are reported to the Group Head of Compliance as they arise.
- To ensure the appropriate systems and controls operate in the areas under your direct control.
- Act in accordance with the Group’s Information Security Policies.
- Personally act in accordance with Regulatory role requirements as detailed in the Scope/Statement of Responsibilities and to act within the spirit of regulation.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Internal Audit team. This opportunity will help you to fast track your career in Financial Services and we fully encourage your development! Our audit
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the Line 1 Risk Assurance team in the Customer & Conduct Department and establish a career in Risk, Governance and Compliance. Customer & Conduct are a
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the UK Risk team! You will be responsible for the review, support and development of the Enterprise Risk framework within EUI Ltd. This will involve revie
Meet Lianne – our newly appointed Privacy Communications Senior Manager in Data Protection & Privacy. Read on to learn more about Lianne’s role and team. What do you do in Admiral and h
We spoke with Shannon Smith, Senior Data Protection Executive, about her career so far in Corporate Governance. What do you do in Admiral and how long have you been working here?I have be
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.