Home Insurance Analyst
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
This is an exciting role within Admiral’s Home Insurance Underwriting team. You will have the opportunity to undertake analysis to ensure the Underwriting team can profitably grow our Household business. Increasing the reports and MI available allows us to make key decisions on our risk selection, product improvements and help design new products. You will join us at an exciting time while we’re taking on the challenge of profitably growing our existing customer base and creating and growing new household products.
You will work within the Analysis and Automation part of the team and will work closely with colleagues and underwriting managers, learning on the job and contributing to the team from the outset.
- Assist in the ongoing development of our underwriting quotability by identifying new ways to generate profitable growth.
- Creating and analysing data to review areas of our current quotability which may require action.
- Analyse performance and customer experience to inform changes and improve processes.
- Manage changes to our underwriting criteria from ideations to implementation.
- Assist in managing and growing the availability of MI and reporting within the team. Helping us to meet our goal to have faster regular reporting to help spot issues and trends in their infancy.
- Take on projects as allocated by underwriting managers. This will involve working closely with other areas of the business such as: Pricing, Product, IT areas, Claims and/or other operational or support departments.
- Willingness to build your knowledge from bottom up of our home insurance product underwriting philosophy and work with this in mind.
- Looking out for our customers – identifying areas where we can improve our product and lifecycle of our customers to provide good outcomes and ensure they experience an excellent customer journey.
- A Degree in a STEM subject is desirable but demonstrating the necessary skills or experience will also be considered.
- Educated to A level standard and have GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent).
- CII qualified or prepared to work towards CII qualifications.
Skills and experience
- SQL and Excel skills are desirable but not required.
- Highly numerate with good analysis skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and identify new and better ways of achieving our goal of profitable growth.
- An interest in using data to understand the world around you, and the ability to present it to a non-technical audience.
- Question the status quo and not be limited by current methods or what you are asked to do.
- Ability to problem solve in a balanced way, considering customer needs as well as those of the business.
- Good attention to detail. The role will involve collating data for Household Underwriting to make key decisions and may also been used by Senior Managers.
- We will review your CV within 5 working days of application and get back to you
- We have a Hybrid approach to work remote working, 1-2 days per week in our Cardiff office (or more if you prefer)
- We will give you everything you need to work comfortably from home
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Experience of household claims, including technical claims management and looking to move into a continuous improvement and audit role. You will play a major role in the audit programme of our hous
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Household Product is searching for a Product Manager to join our expanding team. Household has ambitious growth targets and continues to play a key role within the Admiral diversification strategy.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Home Insurance is a key part of Admiral’s strategy for the upcoming years. We are one of the fastest growing Home Insurance businesses in the UK market and we have bold plans to accelerate this growth
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.