About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We’re looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with an outstanding eye for detail to join our team at Veygo.
This role extends beyond the normal remit of an Executive Assistant. You’ll be responsible for supporting effective decision-making across the Veygo business, working closely with the Leadership Team to ensure the smooth operations of the company. You’ll need experience handling data and making recommendations from it, as well as excellent stakeholder management as you support the Leadership Team in their interactions.
Veygo are an exciting, innovative scale-up, and you’ll be at the heart of our culture, working in an agile environment and driving the pace and decision-making forward – you’ll help keep the wheels turning!
You’ll be involved in administrative support, business planning coordination, finance, project management, procurement and office management, so experience in these areas and excellent organisational, interpersonal, and analytical skills would allow you to excel in the role.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the leadership team including calendar management, travel arrangements and assisting our Admiral Pioneer Office Manager on cross business activity
- Prepare meeting agendas, materials, and support governance meetings, when required
Business Planning Coordination
- Assist in the preparation and execution of strategic business plans and initiatives including supporting the 5-year plan and associated eg inputs into Admiral Pioneer's and Able Insurance's Board meetings
- Assist in the management and scheduling of regular quarterly and monthly activity including OKR reviews
- Support budget planning/work with Finance to compile and analyse financial data, creating reports and presentations for business planning purposes
- Collaborate with Admiral Pioneer Finance teams to gather financial data, reconcile accounts, and prepare financial reports for Weekly Team on a regular basis
- Work with Finance to continuously review and improve invoice payment process to ensure that suppliers are paid within terms
- Manage authorisation of invoices and liaise with Finance to ensure we have a clear and timely view of expenses and a robust sign-off process
- Coordinate contracts management across Veygo to ensure that they have owners, renewals process and SLAs are reviewed and managed by Owners
- Support the Leadership team in prioritising projects/business canvasses, ensuring timelines are met, and deliverables are achieved
- Assist in Portfolio activities and processes including planning, prioritisation, canvas development support, whilst fostering collaboration with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Support the development of presentations and white papers for internal audience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth project execution and alignment with business objectives.
- Oversee office supplies, equipment, and facilities, ensuring a well-organised and efficient working environment.
- Handle administrative tasks eg record keeping, credit card management
- Support Admiral Pioneer's Office Manager and Veygo Communications colleagues
Skills and Requirements
- Proven experience as an Assistant, PMO or Portfolio Assistant in a similar administrative role, preferably supporting senior management and finance functions in a start-up or scale-up
- Strong proficiency in office software, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Highly organised, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to present data and insights in a clear and concise manner
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, ambiguity, and work in a fast-paced environment
Veygo offer app-based flexible short-term car insurance. Whether it be learner driver insurance or temporary insurance, our customers can be on the road in the minutes. We’re building a vibrant, exciting, and disruptive scale-up, that puts customer experience and empowerment at the heart of our business and culture.
Veygo operates within Admiral Pioneer. Admiral Pioneer is a company within Admiral Group that seeds, launches, and scales new businesses that are at the forefront of Admiral Group’s diversification strategy.
We seek to recruit bright, passionate people who have a can-do attitude who look at the world and see the opportunity in our own small way, to make it better for our customers.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AZ
Why Veygo? Veygo was founded 6 years ago - part of the pioneering incubation venture 'Admiral Pioneer' - created to seed and launch exciting scale ups to discrupt existing marketplaces. Veygo h
Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AZ
Veygo is one of these new businesses at the forefront of the Mobility as a Service (MaaS) revolution, providing transport solutions for customers with and without cars. We want to make life easier for
After deciding to switch careers and enter the Tech industry, Zoe completed the Code First Girls nanodegree and landed a Software Engineer role in Veygo. With just an interest in coding and no
Ever wanted to work at a start-up, but don’t know where to start? What if you could be part of a start-up, enjoying the culture and pace, but have access to the security and resources of a FTSE
For me, part time working boils down to a simple philosophy: attaining balance in different areas improves performance in all areas – Gunnar Peters, CEO Veygo. So, who am I? I’m German, born
Prior to working at Veygo Simon worked at a mobile network called Giffgaff, based in West London. His primary role was running the handset financing operation and he was also responsible for FC
Louise began her career, as many of us do, in the call centre. In November 2015, she joined us a New Business call handler, which was her first job after graduating. I’d heard that Admiral wa
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.