About the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Communications and Social Purpose team as an Engagement Officer. You will play a pivotal role in supporting the day-to-day activities of the Engagement Manager in understanding and promoting colleague engagement. Working with our People Teams, the Engagement Officer will work with leaders and colleagues across EUI and Group functions with the aim of promoting and improving the Admiral culture.
You should be comfortable dealing with senior managers and colleagues at all levels, following a business partnering model. Working in a fast-moving team, you will be able to prioritise and manage several competing priorities, while delivering day-to-day tasks.
You will be a solid communicator, both verbally and in the written form. You will need to be able to work both alone and as part of a team, using your own initiative and adopting a proactive approach to delivering workload.
- Work with the business to develop relevant plans to improve colleague experience following internal and external colleague surveys.
- Support the engagement manager in identifying and documenting/promoting the Admiral cultural cornerstones, whether formal or not, as a baseline (for example Pillars, Purpose Statement, Employee Value Proposition).
- Support the engagement manager in ensuring the EVP is closely linked to the culture and that it mirrors colleague experience, working with the business to ensure relevant corrective action where it does not.
- Supporting activities to ensure an ‘in-office’ experience that enhances working life for colleagues, which not only aligns to our EVP but also addresses areas of focus drawn from our colleague survey feedback.
- Engage with our colleagues and business leaders to review results and build appropriate action plans in response to feedback gathered to make Admiral a great place to work.
- Support activities that ensure effective training, education and coaching is in place to make the most of the Admiral culture and give a fantastic colleague experience.
- Delivering plans that ensure the colleague experience is inclusive and reflective of the Admiral culture.
- Monitoring recruitment methods and provide feedback/recommendations to ensure they bring out the best in candidates, from external recruitment through to the IRC process, allowing a consistent and culturally aligned hiring process for all involved, which in turn will allow colleagues to have the best experience.
- Assessing feedback from individuals and teams to check our people policies and practices are fit for purpose in a hybrid world making sure they give the best colleague experience for all.
- Supporting activities to ensure there’s a good working relationship with the Group People Experience team, communication is strong and that any group wide action gets the traction it needs to be delivered.
- Be visible to the business for colleague experience and culture, representing the engagement manager when needed.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to achieve relevant KPIs, KRIs and OKRs that reflect colleague experience, culture, and engagement.
- Drive the sense of belonging to Admiral – Team Admiral – through a great colleague experience so they feel part of the success.
- Support the engagement manager in managing the relationships with our engagement external partners (GPTW and Best Companies) ensuring contractual obligations are met and delivering the best possible outcomes for Admiral.
- Support the ongoing review on ways of working to ensure that we make hybrid working a successful component of working life in Admiral.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and different parts of the business.
- Experience in working with and interpreting data.
- Experience working with people, either in HR or as a people manager.
- Able to demonstrate strong understanding of the Admiral culture and business.
- Good computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Great organisational and planning skills.
- A self-starter with a great work ethic and desire for success.
- Organised with the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise workload whilst multi-tasking.
- A creative thinker, with great attention to detail.
- Friendly with good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all areas and levels of the business.
- We will review your CV within 5 working days of application and get back to you
- We have a Hybrid approach to work remote working, 1-2 days per week in our Cardiff office (or more if you prefer)
- We will give you everything you need to work comfortably from home
Please note - we may close this vacancy early if we receive lots of applications or business priorities change.
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior HR Advisor to join Admiral’s People Team! Reporting into a People Partner, you will be supporting 2 of our businesses, Admiral Pioneer and Admiral M
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Based in the Communications department, this role will deliver high-quality internal communications through a range of channels and in line with our Communications strategy. As Communications Offic
Our recruiters at Admiral have interviewed and hired a great deal of people over the years. Sam, Nick and Zoe are here to use their experience to offer some general advice for anyone looking t
Holly Needs is our Diversity and Inclusion Lead. Read her career story below! I joined Admiral 19 years ago, having spent more than half of my career in our sites in Canada and India in
Andrew Viazzani heads up our Recruitment department – central to bringing in the thing that makes Admiral a success, our people! Read more about Andrew’s career journey so far. What do
Richard is the Head of People Operations in People Services, dealing with a wide range of complicated people issues for the business. Read about his career journey so far. What do you d
Danielle (Ellie) Jones has recently taken on the role of Corporate Sustainability Responsibility (CSR) Manager after seven years in our Recruitment area. Read on to learn more about Ellie’s
Amie began her career with us over six years ago when she finished her Business Management Degree. ‘’After I worked as a travel agent for just under a year I decided to apply to Admiral as so
Valva has only been working for Admiral since June 2016 but with her dedication and hard work, along with her international flare, she has already become a valuable member of the recruitment tea
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.