About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Telematics are looking for an inquisitive, highly numerical, and enthusiastic analyst to join our innovative department. If you like problem solving, exercising your curiosity, and would enjoy working in a role where data is at the heart of decision-making Telematics could be the place for you!
One of the fastest growing areas of motor insurance, Telematics has used black box technology to transform how we understand driving habits, helping us to price our products accurately and reward customers for great driving. Joining this game-changing area of the business, you’ll help keep us at the forefront of Telematics data analysis with the opportunity to get involved in product innovations, analyse some very big data, and to use your insights to progress how we use our data to do what’s right for our customers.
As a Data Analyst in the Telematics team you will be responsible for extracting value from Telematics data. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analysing data through programming in SQL (no previous knowledge required).
- Creating MI reports and data visualisations to draw insights, monitor performance and communicate to senior management and other decision makers.
- Developing and maintaining operational processes to ensure our Telematics products continue to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders from other departments including Pricing, Analytics, IT, Marketing, New Business, Digital.
- Evaluating and investigating new ways to use Telematics data to ensure that our customers are scored as accurately as possible, including feature engineering, investigating new data sources, and using your creativity.
- Project-based work on a range of new, data-driven initiatives.
- Investigating new ways to improve the product using new or existing data sources - no one will say no to a good idea!
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Degree in any subject (STEM preferred) or relevant equivalent experience.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Good interpersonal skills as you will need to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience in both written and verbal form.
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- A desire to learn and grow in a professional environment.
- Previous experience with programming packages is a plus.
- Previous experience of working in a collaborative team and engaging directly with stakeholders.
There will be a Maths test followed by a 1 stage interview.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.