Senior Data Insights Analyst
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and enthusiastic analyst looking to take on a new challenge and join the fast growing and innovative Travel Insurance Product in Admiral.
Travel Insurance Pricing
Travel Insurance plays a key role within Admiral Insurance’s diversification strategy with Pricing and Data playing a key role in its success. With the ever-increasing volume, velocity, and variety of information available, Data plays a key role in navigating the complexity in order to facilitate delivery of insightful reporting with varying focus, identifying areas of improvement in the product offering, internal processes and ensuring the product is priced rationally, accurately, and fairly - ensuring the business remains competitive.
Senior Data Insights Analyst would play a key role in building data & insights strategy, managing data architecture for Travel Insurance product, creating business intelligence structures, and support the development of a team of junior data analysts who oversee the data digestion, analysis and quality.
- Support the evolution and development of the Business reports and pricing tools, and architecture supporting high volume, efficient, insightful and accurate reporting.
- Develop the MI and reporting framework covering efficiency/performance, control and change, aligned to the process framework and wider company reporting.
- Assess and ensure high data quality for travel pricing product.
- Develop expertise in data architecture to support new initiatives that might need interaction with 3rd part technology providers and broader data organization.
- Having responsibility for making recommendations for potential improvements to our products’ offering and rating structure such as through external data sources.
- Manage workload of team, prioritising requests and ensuring that the team provides accurate analysis in a timely manner.
- Align analysis resource to support business stakeholders with changes in structure & rollout of new functionality.
- Think creatively and identify ways to improve reporting, including better ways to present data.
- Maintain alignment with best practice use on analysis software such as MicroStrategy, Excel, Big Query & SAS.
- Familiarise and become expert in third party data sources used within the team.
- Promotion of best practices within the team and outwardly to the rest of the business.
- Mentor and support analysts and ensure continuous development of the team.
- Promote the culture of continuous improvement and identify and implement improvements that will benefit the team or business.
This is not a full list of responsibilities of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in a STEM or strong numeric discipline.
- Experience with motivating and supporting others to deliver on their objectives and improve skills and knowledge.
- Ability to analyse data and provide operational and strategic insight.
- Strong organisational skills to help manage workloads and prioritise tasks from a variety of stakeholders.
- Good communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with presenting information and communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
- Pro-active & collaborative in approach to work.
- Ability to work independently as well as able to feed into wider teamwork.
- Ability to align data requirements to necessary outputs.
- Escalate concerns and challenges clearly.
- Highly motivated and ability to work off your own initiative.
- Demonstrable ability to combine analytical thinking based on numbers, together with common sense and imagination.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and priorities.
There will be a Maths test followed by a 2 stage interview.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Emily Bonney is a Product Manager in our Travel department, read her career story below! What do you do in Admiral currently and how long have you been working here? I’m the Product Mana
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.