People, Learning and Development Manager
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with team management experience to join our Learning and Development team. Reporting directly to the Head of People, Learning and Development, you will be responsible for assisting with delivering Admiral Law’s People Strategy.
Our People Strategy is simple: We want highly motivated, happy and empowered people who embody the values we are aiming to achieve as a business. Working with the head of the area, you will assist in delivery of multiple projects, all with the aim of continuing to improve our culture for our people.
Admiral Law was created in 2013 and is co-owned by both Admiral Group and Lyons Davidson Solicitors. We are legal experts who specialise in road traffic accident claims. Admiral Law is one of the largest Alternative Business Structures in England and Wales and continues to grow and develop.
- With the assistance of our Project Management team, you will be responsible for overseeing and delivering on projects that align with our People Strategy
- You will work closely with our PS Business Partner and PS Executives, allowing you to stay up to date with changes in the wider business that may affect our people. It is important that you are comfortable with our PS policies and procedures, hence needing Team Management experience
- Your work will change and adapt as the strategy progresses, with you working on multiple projects at once
- You will be passionate about providing good customer service and will understand how pivotal strong staff development is to that
- You will possess a desire to see staff progress within their roles and have a keen understanding of the importance of training
- Staff engagement is key to the success of this role, so you must be comfortable communicating with people at all levels and in all formats, both obtaining feedback and communicating updates. This will include communication to the wider business and engagement with the management team.
- You will be expected to work closely with our Head of People, Learning and Development to ensure that we are engaging the wider business as delivery of the strategy evolves and develops
- Alongside our People Services department, you will help to ensure the continuation and embeddedness of an effective D&I programme
- You will be expected to report back with the progress of your workstreams and should be comfortable working autonomously to deliver on your assigned elements of the strategy
- You will be expected to put forward your own ideas as to how we can improve our working practices and will be expected to structure your thoughts into an easily digestible format for stakeholders
- You will take part in bi-monthly steering meetings with our Operations group in order to communicate progress, gain insight into their views and discuss the next steps
- Measuring the success of the projects is key – alongside our Project Management team, you will be expected to demonstrate the benefits and ROI of any work that is rolled out (where possible)
- You will have at least 12 months’ team management experience, running a team of customer-facing staff members.
- You will have worked in a fast-paced environment as a team manager and understand the importance of looking after your team, so that they in turn can look after our customers.
- You should have experience of developing people to improve in their roles and be passionate about staff engagement.
- You will have had experience of dealing with HR issues and understanding the pressures of a busy management role.
- Passion for our culture is key – everything that you do should align with our strategy and ensure that we are improving things for our staff and customers
- Customer-focussed, you must have worked in an area which understands the importance of good customer service. The outcome of all of our work should be an engaged, client-centric group of individuals who are happy and driven to better the service we provide
- You must possess good written and verbal communication skills
- You should be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Grade C fee earner within Serious Injuries Team at Admiral Law. This is a chance to be part of a growing department, within a market-leading firm. The cases in
After his Law degree, Aden joined Admiral Law as a Case Handler. After years of progressing into various roles and qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive, Aden is now an Operations Manager.
Jenna Salmman joined Admiral Law in 2013 as a Case Handler. After years of dedicated studying, Jenna now awaits her practicing certificate to allow her to be a fully qualified CILEx Litigator
Introducing the third blog of our new series, I Belong; giving you a peek into Admiral, meeting our fascinating and inspiring colleagues from around the Group and giving insight into our frien
During the final year of her degree at Nottingham University, Harriet secured a placement with Admiral in the Claims department allowing her to change her Law degree to a Law with Finance degr
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.