About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Admiral is seeking a Digital Designer to join a dynamic creative team responsible for Admiral Group insurance products across multiple brands.
You will be working on brand/product campaigns and customer experiences. These will be delivered across a variety of media with a focus on web design, UI/UX, and graphic design.
Outstanding creativity and a keen eye for detail
Creativity and a keen eye for detail are essential, to go with experience of Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other design industry software. You will be working with other designers to deliver on range of briefs involving:
- Design and prototyping with Figma
- Responsive web layouts
- Graphic and information design
- UI/UX design
- Campaign and product landing pages
- Email design
- Rich-media web advertising
- Social media assets
We’re looking for exceptional
The right candidate will enjoy working under their own initiative, or as part of team, to produce full-fledged designs, illustrations, wireframes, and user journeys that engage consumers and improve the customer experience.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, have an appreciation of direct marketing copy, nudge theory, outstanding layout and composition skills, an insatiable need to simplify complex problems, with an enthusiasm to create compelling user experiences.
- Creating compelling responsive web layouts
- Crafting content to improve the customer experience and SEO
- Creating user-centric customer experiences
- Designing user interface elements (menus, tabs and widgets)
- Creating original graphic designs (info-graphs, images, icons and illustrations)
- Adherence to style standards on fonts, colours, tone-of-voice, and images
Essential Skills and Experience
- Graphic design
- UI and UX design
- An appreciation of accessible design principles
- Comprehensive understanding of responsive web design
- Figma, Affinity Designer, Illustrator, Adobe CC Suite, After Effects
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Simple animation and video for web
- Proven work experience
Not essential but a definite bonus
- Designing and producing artwork for print
- 3D Illustration and animation
- Google Web Designer
- Degree level design qualification a must
We would like to discuss a portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of end-to-end design, from brief through research, ideation and problem-solving to execution – all seasoned with real creative work experience.
We’d love to see exciting, contemporary, creative design solutions with a flair for typography, composition, illustration, information design, and maybe a touch of animation thrown in to clinch the deal.
*Interviews and feedback for this role will commence after the closing date*
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here
Digital and Marketing
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
As a Product Owner you will work alongside the Product Leads and Senior Product Owners, supporting the implementation and measurement of continuous change, aligned to the Product Vision and Key Result
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.