Data Analytics Graduate Programme
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Data and Technology are key components of Admiral’s Data departments, which is at the heart of what we do and how we achieve our goals of helping more people to look after their future and to evolve our business into one that is even more agile, and technology driven.
From the beginning, we’ve offered our customers access to financial protection by pricing fairly and competitively. As we grow, big data and analytics are increasingly important in how we create more opportunities to provide people with access to great financial services products and accelerate the growth of our business. Above all else, we are a company that continues to put the customer at the forefront and seeks to leverage even more data and advanced analytics to improve their experience.
If you’re a STEM graduate with a passion for Data, people and problem-solving, our Data Analytics Graduate Programme is the perfect opportunity for you to kick start your career in Data Science and Analytics. You’ll benefit from hands-on, practical placements supported by industry leaders (many of whom joined Admiral as graduates fresh from university).
This programme runs just over 2-years, a total of 25 months, including our initial induction/training and then your placements. You’ll have the option to rotate through three data analyst areas which could include MI (Management Information), Data Science, Telematics Data, Motor Product Insight and Claims Solutions. Within these rotations you’ll get hands on experience with our different tools for interrogating data, reporting and visualising insights. You’ll be responsible for helping different business areas understand their data and use it to make great data decisions.
We’re looking for logical, mathematically minded people with an analytical way of thinking developed through a degree such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or similar. We firmly believe that the transferable skills developed in your degree put you in a strong position to learn to model and manipulate data to solve business problems across Admiral. We don’t expect any previous financial services knowledge or industry experience as you’ll learn this on the job.
- Location: Hybrid, with 1-2 days per week in our Cardiff offices. There may be occasion where you are expected to attend the office more for training purposes and team days. If you apply, please do ensure that you are happy to commit to the working arrangements required by the Programme. We will provide you with everything you need to work comfortably from home.
- Salary: £26,000 per annum.
- Working hours: 37.5 per week, flexible. For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours.
- This is a structured, 3-year programme offering exposure in our different Data areas in Admiral. Please note we cannot accept applications without the correct right to work documentation in the UK for the whole duration of the programme.
- The opportunity to develop general professional skills as well as your technical skills (more detail below).
- You’ll receive support from your line manager, buddy, mentor and our Data Academy team, but the programme will be challenging, and you’ll be expected to drive your own development too.
- A five-week induction introducing you to our business, culture, and Data Community.
- The chance to get involved in exciting projects and developments outside of your placements.
What can you expect?
- The programme is rotational, meaning you will immerse yourself in three different data departments at Admiral, each for 8-months at a time.
- You will develop both your general skills and technical skills (below).
- To drive your own performance and learning – you’ll receive support, but the programme is challenging, and you’ll be expected to champion your own development.
- You could be placed in any data area of our business, so it is important to keep an open mind.
- Day-to-day your responsibilities will vary, depending on where you are placed at the time.
Coding Languages, Tools & Software
Depending on which team you’re placed in you’ll become proficient in a variety of industry recognised coding languages, tools and software which may include:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google Analytics
- Power BI
What are we looking for?
- Students or graduates of STEM subjects
- Demonstrable keenness to work with Data and use it to solve problems
- Self-starters with a can-do attitude
- Excellent people and communication skills
- You to be bold, open to change and to challenge the way things are done. Just because something is done a certain way, doesn’t mean it’s the best way!
- Personal drive and enthusiasm, with a passion for challenging yourself and developing new skills
- The readiness to learn about a new area from the bottom up
Application Process & Start Dates
Please note - The closing date for this Programme may be brought forward due a high-volume of applications. Do not hesitate to get your application in!
- Submit your CV & Written Application
- Online Numerical Test (25 mins)
- Assessment centre (in person at our Cardiff office, this cannot be done remotely)
- 1st stage interview (virtual)
- 2nd stage interview (this could be virtual or in person)
- Assessment Centres w/c 15th of January 2024
- 1st Stage Interviews w/c 29th of January 2024
- 2nd Stage Interviews w/c 12th of February 2024
The intake for this Programme will be in September 2024.
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Admiral Group is a FTSE 100 Financial Services company with a presence in eight countries. The company was set up in 1993 as a car insurance specialist, but since then the Group has expanded in other countries and other insurance verticals such as household and travel insurance, in loans, price comparison platforms, and has developed innovative products.
Admiral’s philosophy is that ‘people who like what they do, do it better’ and Admiral is proud to offer an open culture where achievement is rewarded and recognised and where coming to work is exciting every day.
Further Benefits and Work-Life Balance
All employees are additionally awarded up to £3,600 worth of company shares annually after the first year of service.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
Ellena, Manoor and Rhys joined us straight from university as Graduate Data Scientists. Having been in the role for just under two years, they’re here to give the lowdown on what to expect as
TeaserGraduates and Students
Our recent graduates raised over £30,000 for British Heart Foundation and The Wallich! We’re all about helping more people look after their futures, striving for better together. What be
TeaserGraduates and Students
Karen joined our Core Graduate Programme at the beginning of last year. Read Karen’s full story below. What do you do in Admiral and how long have you been working here? I’ve been in t
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.