Communications Officer (Internal Communications)
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
Based in the Communications department, this role will deliver high-quality internal communications through a range of channels and in line with our Communications strategy.
As Communications Officer, you will work within our Internal Communications team, and closely with the wider Communications department to provide a first-class communications service to our colleagues.
You should be comfortable dealing with senior managers and colleagues at all levels, following a business partnering model. Working in a fast-moving team, you will be able to prioritise and manage several competing priorities, while delivering day-to-day tasks.
You will be a solid communicator, both verbally and in the written form. You will need to be able to work both alone and as part of a team, using your own initiative and adopting a proactive approach to delivering workload.
- Coordinate, write and deliver a range of engaging and informative communications across a range of channels to connect intended audience and drive understanding through engaging content
- Support the delivery of the Communications strategy, ensuring the business narrative is reflected and embedded across all relevant channels
- Manage and deliver face to face and virtual channels including events and conferences
- Apply brand guidelines, communications principles and tone of voice appropriately across all relevant channels
- Business Partner and provide communication advice and guidance to assigned business areas and project teams, helping to identify relevant opportunities and using content to contribute to overall Group/UK-wide narrative
- Develop and maintain the communications plan for assigned areas ensuring there is a clear and structured narrative in place designed to ensure stakeholders are kept up to date
- Ensure all content is appropriate for audience and manage stakeholder expectations accordingly
- Contribute to effective communications planning and strategic thinking
- Publish content to appropriate channels and ensure it is kept up-to-date and relevant
- Actively manage, monitor and promote and respond to the voice of our colleagues through feedback loops (and internal social content channels)
- Manage communications campaigns to support and promote initiatives, projects and events using a range of appropriate channels
- Measure the effectiveness and success of communications activity and challenge and learn lessons from analysis of the data
- Be an ambassador for communications both in terms of team reputation and support provision / standard of communications produced
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of dealing with and managing senior stakeholders
- Ability to produce communications plans that appropriately line into business plans and strategy
- Ability to translate complex subject matter into accessible and engaging communications
- Experience of effective channel management
- Event Management experience
- Proven experience of working in a communications environment
- Project Management skills and excellent eye for detail
- Management of budget
- Effective time management skills - ability to work on multiple priorities, manage competing deadlines and deliver projects from initiation to completion
- Ability to apply discretion, tact and confidentiality as appropriate
- We will review your CV within 5 working days of application and get back to you.
- We will give you everything you need to work comfortably from home.
- Please note - we may close this vacancy early if we receive lots of applications or business priorities change.
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Join us at Admiral in a vibrant period for learning where creativity, curiosity and endless opportunities abound. As we evolve with digital technologies and learning methodologies, we're enhancing our
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
With the constant advancement of EdTech, digital technologies and learning techniques we are enhancing our blending learning offering, delivering impactful and timely learning to our customers across
Our recruiters at Admiral have interviewed and hired a great deal of people over the years. Sam, Nick and Zoe are here to use their experience to offer some general advice for anyone looking t
Holly Needs is our Diversity and Inclusion Lead. Read her career story below! I joined Admiral 19 years ago, having spent more than half of my career in our sites in Canada and India in
Andrew Viazzani heads up our Recruitment department – central to bringing in the thing that makes Admiral a success, our people! Read more about Andrew’s career journey so far. What do
Richard is the Head of People Operations in People Services, dealing with a wide range of complicated people issues for the business. Read about his career journey so far. What do you d
Danielle (Ellie) Jones has recently taken on the role of Corporate Sustainability Responsibility (CSR) Manager after seven years in our Recruitment area. Read on to learn more about Ellie’s
Amie began her career with us over six years ago when she finished her Business Management Degree. ‘’After I worked as a travel agent for just under a year I decided to apply to Admiral as so
Valva has only been working for Admiral since June 2016 but with her dedication and hard work, along with her international flare, she has already become a valuable member of the recruitment tea
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.