About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join Travel Insurance Pricing in a very exciting stage of maturity where business is growing rapidly, pricing structures are becoming more sophisticated and team is expanding fast both in terms of team size and expertise.
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate with good numerical skills and analytical abilities to support the Pricing area and lead projects to improve our insurance pricing using new sources of external and internal data.
You will be part of an exclusive “core” team of 15 data and pricing people (and growing). You will have plenty of opportunity to interact and learn from others. As an analyst, you would also have the opportunity to lead independent pricing projects and make strong business impact.
Your responsibilities include (but is not limited to):
- Create actionable insights and help pricing team continuously improve pricing structure.
- Act as a liaison for pricing department and answer any customer queries related to pricing.
- Design and Implement Pricing tests to better understand customer behaviour.
- Review pricing structure and recommend changes based on analysis of performance of different customer segments.
- Explore new avenues of rating for Travel Insurance through finding new and innovative ways to rate on existing data and enhancing the rating structure through new data sources.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience & Competencies
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Prior work experience as an analyst within Pricing/Underwritting is an advantage.
- 2.1 or higher in a numerate degree such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics (or the equivalent).
- Good Excel Skills and ability to set up basic business models.
- Able to manage own workload effectively to meet deadline.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and priorities.
- Highly motivated and ability to work off your own initiative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with any programming language (SAS, SQL, Big Query or a similar language) is preferred; in-house training will be provided to adapt to the role’s requirements.
There will be a pricing test and a 1 stage interview.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.
Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH
Admiral has always considered Pricing department to be a fundamental cornerstone of the successful growth of our business. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join Travel Insurance Pricing in a
Emily Bonney is a Product Manager in our Travel department, read her career story below! What do you do in Admiral currently and how long have you been working here? I’m the Product Mana
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.