SEO Executive - Confused.com (maternity cover)
About the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Marketing team at Confused.com! We’re looking for an executive to support us in our SEO team. We want you to help us drive more organic traffic to Confused.com.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the SEO Manager, the role involves a range of responsibilities including:
- Working collaboratively with the SEO, Design & UX and Web Production teams to make changes to existing and new landing pages based on research in line with Google quality guidelines
- Working together with the editorial content and in-house PR and outreach teams on the optimisation and creation of editorial content to support SEO and link acquisition
- Ensuring all work aligns with marketing, compliance, IT and product team requirements
- Day-to-day monitoring and reporting of performance, progress against targets, search engine rankings, team KPI’s and ongoing optimisation of campaigns
- Helping to maximise SEO benefit from products, above-the-line campaigns and any other company initiatives
- Supporting the SEO Campaign Manager and Content/PR teams in the production and outreach of high-quality content to authoritative sites
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving performance issues
- Developing and maintaining existing reporting to aid day-to-day optimisation, and reporting results to stakeholders as required
- Working with external suppliers (e.g. SEO agencies, content producers) to ensure that external tasks and projects are delivered on time, and providing data and support to them as required
- Supporting and running digital landing page optimisation test plans; including building and testing new landing pages, and analysing the effectiveness and performance of landing pages using a range of sources
- Keeping up to speed with changes within the SEO industry and changes to Google’s algorithm
- Supporting the Marketing team on other campaigns and projects as required
It’s a great position for someone with the right talent and enthusiasm. We’re looking for someone who’s highly motivated and ideally has experience of digital marketing for a large brand.
Knowledge of all aspects of search engine optimisation is a must, with ideally at moderate level of experience of working on specific SEO campaigns, as well as:
- A proactive approach to improving organic performance
- Intermediate experience of using Excel, and experience in creating reports
- Experience in using web analytic tools, such as Google Analytics
- Experience of a suite of SEO tools including GSC, SEMrush, Majestic and Ahrefs
- Experience in link building, outreach and integrating your tactics with PR
- A strong understanding of the technical side of SEO such as html, CSS, log analysis and xml sitemaps
- A strong understanding of the Google algorithm, including the separate parts i.e. Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird & the knowledge graph
- Experience of editing and creating expert informative content for search
- An understanding of search intent
- Good communication skills, with the ability to analyse and present results
- Experience of conversion optimisation via A/B and multivariate testing
- Experience of using a CMS
Think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV and covering letter with details of why you’re suitable for this role.
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
We understand that balancing the demands of a family and a career can be challenging at times. Taking time off work to be with your new family is very important and we recognise that many fathers, partners and adopters want to be more hands on and involved with the care of their children. We are committed to supporting our staff when they go through parenthood and a valued source of support is provided by our Parental Leave policies. The policies allow staff to spend cherished time at home with their family, so that when they return to work, they can thrive and flourish. Our policies go above the statutory pay requirements to encourage our staff to take more time at home when they become parents. As long as you've worked for us for 26 weeks, you can expect the following benefits. Maternity LeaveEmployees receive 16 weeks of full pay, followed by 23 weeks statutory maternity payPaternity LeaveEmployees receive 2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks statutory paternity pay and 12 days of unpaid leave (should they wish to take it)Shared Parental LeaveWhen both parents work for Admiral they can share the 16-weeks full pay benefit. So, if the mother/primary caregiver decides to return to work prior to 16 weeks, the other parent can pick up the remaining weeks on full payIf one parent is employed by Admiral, and together with their partner fulfil eligibility criteria, they can share the Parental LeaveAdmiral believes that the support doesn’t stop at Parental Leave. We recognise that flexible working is another valuable way in which our staff can attain the work-life balance they need and so employees can request flexible working arrangements.Our employee benefits don’t stop here, take a look at our top 7 perks for working at Admiral.
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
When it comes to staff benefits and perks we have everything you’d expect from a large FTSE 100 company, like a contributory pension scheme, free shares, dental care and so on. Our commitment to providing staff with the services and support they need to ensure that they are happy and healthy in their working lives ensures we are offering more than the basics. We hope this has contributed to the fact that we’ve made the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for list for the 17th year in a row.In this article, we will explore some of our most popular staff benefits…1. Free staff sharesAll staff who work for the Admiral Group receive up to £3,600 worth of company shares every year after the first year of service. Staff can sell these shares when they reach 3 years old, and at year 5, they are tax free, so its worth holding off if you can!Many staff have used their shares to buy holidays, their first house, cars etc. No wonder its one of our most popular benefits!2. Staff and family discountsA 15% discount is available off our car and pet insurance policies, as well as 10% off travel and home insurance for the following: employee, spouse, partner, children, parents, brothers and sisters. As well as discounts on our insurance products, we offer a staff breakdown scheme. On top of these discounts, a favourable APR rate off our loans from Admiral Loans is also available.3. Moving home advanceIf you’re looking to buy your first home but don’t have quite enough to get the deposit you need or to cover the legal fees, or if you’re looking to move into a rented property but need help to cover bonds and moving costs, then you can receive an interest-free advance of up to £2,000 from the company.4. Buy a book schemeYou can purchase books that will help you develop in your role at Admiral Group and the company will pay for them through David’s Buy a Book Scheme.5. Tickets to sponsored eventsOne of the benefits of working for Admiral is access to tickets to events that Admiral sponsors. In the past this has included tickets to, Wales rugby home international matches, pantomimes, shows at the Wales Millennium Centre, Techniquest Afterhours, weekly ticket giveaways to Chapter Arts Centre and much more.6. Discounts in local shops/businessesWe have secured staff discounts, ranging from 5%-25% with many local and national retailers such as; Oakwood Theme Park, Thomas Cook, Cardiff Nutrition, Wahaca, Papa Johns, Tim Hortons, Wok 2 Walk, O2, Pure Gym, The Body Shop and many more!7. Contributory pension schemeYou can start paying into the company pension scheme as soon as you start working for the Admiral Group and we will contribute to your pension up to 6% of your basic gross salary or a total of £9,000 p.a., whichever is lower.
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.