Senior Infrastructure Technology Engineer - Confused.com
About the job
As Senior Infrastructure Technical Engineer, you will be instrumental in providing technical leadership and support to the Infrastructure Team and wider business functions. Assisting the team to provide a secure, resilient and highly available infrastructure platform services.
The infrastructure platform services are the digital enablers for Confused.com staff and 3rd party partners to provide our customers with the ability to make informed choices around FinTech services and offerings.
- Support of on prem and Microsoft Azure Cloud hosted hardware and software services.
- Timely resolution of 3rd line service requests and incidents using support desk ticketing system.
- Creating and maintaining technical processes and procedures.
- Mentor and support the Infrastructure team members on technical support and innovation.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Displays ownership, proactivity, autonomy and self-reliance within the technical environment.
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude and promotes this across the team.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with latest technology platforms and solutions.
- In depth knowledge of technology solutions, trends and techniques with a clear understanding of what future technology can mean for business
- Recognised as an expert in their technical field.
- Query, question and challenge pre-existing ideals and the status quo, ignore the assumption that traditional approaches are optimal and suggest better alternatives.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional environment
- Clear, concise and logical communication style suitable for all levels of the organisation
- Strong planning, decision-making and organisation skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and judge complex situations through prioritisation and pragmatic approaches. Knows when to escalate and communicate issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related experience highly desirable but not essential.
- Certification in technology areas of server, SAN, Active Directory or Azure.
You will use the following technologies in this role, so previous experience in these is essential:
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell
- Advanced experience of administering Azure, Azure AD, Conditional Access & Cloud App Security
Experience required in some of the following technologies:
- Administering O365, Exchange Online, OneDrive & SharePoint
- Automation of infrastructure platforms
- Intune/Configuration Manager
- Hyper-V & VMM administration
- Active Directory / Group Policy administration
- ISCIS SAN management
As the first ever price comparison site in the UK, we’ve been trailblazers in the industry and in the technology sector since we began. Yet our success is built on more than tech. We’ve developed a strong and vibrant culture, where people who enjoy doing what they do are constantly finding ways to do it even better. Our passion, our honest and open approach and our focus on collaboration mean that we were recently named the fourth best large marketing place to work by Campaign. So, come and join us! We look forward to your application.
Some of our benefits
- Discretionary cash bonus based on personal and business performance
- 28 days holiday, plus extra time for good health
- Group pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Group Life Assurance
- Free gym membership
- Free fresh fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Staff discounts scheme
- Discounted insurance offers
- Discounted health care schemes
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form and attach your CV. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email and from agencies
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
We understand that balancing the demands of a family and a career can be challenging at times. Taking time off work to be with your new family is very important and we recognise that many fathers, partners and adopters want to be more hands on and involved with the care of their children. We are committed to supporting our staff when they go through parenthood and a valued source of support is provided by our Parental Leave policies. The policies allow staff to spend cherished time at home with their family, so that when they return to work, they can thrive and flourish. Our policies go above the statutory pay requirements to encourage our staff to take more time at home when they become parents. As long as you've worked for us for 26 weeks, you can expect the following benefits. Maternity LeaveEmployees receive 16 weeks of full pay, followed by 23 weeks statutory maternity payPaternity LeaveEmployees receive 2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks statutory paternity pay and 12 days of unpaid leave (should they wish to take it)Shared Parental LeaveWhen both parents work for Admiral they can share the 16-weeks full pay benefit. So, if the mother/primary caregiver decides to return to work prior to 16 weeks, the other parent can pick up the remaining weeks on full payIf one parent is employed by Admiral, and together with their partner fulfil eligibility criteria, they can share the Parental LeaveAdmiral believes that the support doesn’t stop at Parental Leave. We recognise that flexible working is another valuable way in which our staff can attain the work-life balance they need and so employees can request flexible working arrangements.Our employee benefits don’t stop here, take a look at our top 7 perks for working at Admiral.
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
When it comes to staff benefits and perks we have everything you’d expect from a large FTSE 100 company, like a contributory pension scheme, free shares, dental care and so on. Our commitment to providing staff with the services and support they need to ensure that they are happy and healthy in their working lives ensures we are offering more than the basics. We hope this has contributed to the fact that we’ve made the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for list for the 17th year in a row.In this article, we will explore some of our most popular staff benefits…1. Free staff sharesAll staff who work for the Admiral Group receive up to £3,600 worth of company shares every year after the first year of service. Staff can sell these shares when they reach 3 years old, and at year 5, they are tax free, so its worth holding off if you can!Many staff have used their shares to buy holidays, their first house, cars etc. No wonder its one of our most popular benefits!2. Staff and family discountsA 15% discount is available off our car and pet insurance policies, as well as 10% off travel and home insurance for the following: employee, spouse, partner, children, parents, brothers and sisters. As well as discounts on our insurance products, we offer a staff breakdown scheme. On top of these discounts, a favourable APR rate off our loans from Admiral Loans is also available.3. Moving home advanceIf you’re looking to buy your first home but don’t have quite enough to get the deposit you need or to cover the legal fees, or if you’re looking to move into a rented property but need help to cover bonds and moving costs, then you can receive an interest-free advance of up to £2,000 from the company.4. Buy a book schemeYou can purchase books that will help you develop in your role at Admiral Group and the company will pay for them through David’s Buy a Book Scheme.5. Tickets to sponsored eventsOne of the benefits of working for Admiral is access to tickets to events that Admiral sponsors. In the past this has included tickets to, Wales rugby home international matches, pantomimes, shows at the Wales Millennium Centre, Techniquest Afterhours, weekly ticket giveaways to Chapter Arts Centre and much more.6. Discounts in local shops/businessesWe have secured staff discounts, ranging from 5%-25% with many local and national retailers such as; Oakwood Theme Park, Thomas Cook, Cardiff Nutrition, Wahaca, Papa Johns, Tim Hortons, Wok 2 Walk, O2, Pure Gym, The Body Shop and many more!7. Contributory pension schemeYou can start paying into the company pension scheme as soon as you start working for the Admiral Group and we will contribute to your pension up to 6% of your basic gross salary or a total of £9,000 p.a., whichever is lower.
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.