Senior Digital PR Executive - Confused.com
About the job
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below..."
We are looking for an experienced professional to join the PR & Outreach team as a Senior Digital PR Executive.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of creative campaigns that will raise awareness of Confused.com. You’ll also support our SEO team in delivering an outreach strategy that helps improve rankings and build our backlink profile among high authority sites.
This role will see you manage multiple campaigns at one time to support each of our products. You’ll work closely with teams across the business, including Design and UX, to create engaging content for our customers and journalists.
You will also be responsible for the creation of PR stories to support each campaign, from ideation, to research and delivery, working with the PR and brand team to ensure they are in line with the Confused.com personality.
The ideal candidate will be creative, proactive and have a background in digital PR and outreach, as well as project management. They will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as a crucial part of this role will be building relationships with journalists and researching and developing outreach tactics to maximise success.
- Manging and delivering digital PR campaigns to support key products, including writing press releases, issuing research surveys, collating data and outreaching to journalists and key news sources.
- Working closely with the UX and Design team to originate and develop visual and editorial content and managing the process from ideation to delivery.
- Holding brainstorms and ideation sessions to develop new campaign and asset ideas.
- Developing relationships with contacts at key national news sites and other news sources to strengthen outreach tactics and securing coverage and links.
- Converting brand mentions to relevant backlinks.
- Using internal data and/or materials to generate backlinks.
- Analysing the performance of campaigns and working with the SEO team to track search positions, making recommendations on activity based on movement.
- Contributing to the ideation of in-house PR campaigns and providing support to the wider PR team where needed.
- Ensuring all activity delivered is in line with brand guidelines.
- Proactively making recommendations to improve channel performance.
- Developing a link acquisition campaign plan to support all Confused.com core products, with the sole aim of gaining high-quality backlinks to site.
- Working with the PR and Content teams to ensure that all activity includes relevant links.
- Developing relationships with key publications.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to secure backlinks outside of campaign plan.
- Ensuring all activity supports the wider PR strategy, taking into consideration the brand personality and guidelines.
- Contributing to wider marketing objectives in increasing brand and spontaneous awareness, by securing high-quality, high-impact coverage.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven experience in PR and/or journalism.
- Proven experience in managing relationships effectively (e.g. agencies, internal stakeholders).
- Strong knowledge of outreach and link building tactics.
- Basic understanding of SEO.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics and other SEO tools.
- The ability to show time management and working under pressure.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding and interest in news etiquette and current affairs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work proactively and generate ideas.
- Ability to work flexibly and manage multiple workloads.
As the first ever price comparison site in the UK, we’ve been trailblazers in the industry and in the technology sector since we began. Yet our success is built on more than tech. We’ve developed a strong and vibrant culture, where people who enjoy doing what they do are constantly finding ways to do it even better. Our passion, our honest and open approach and our focus on collaboration mean that we were recently named the fourth best large marketing place to work by Campaign. So come and join us! We look forward to your application.
Some of our benefits
- Discretionary cash bonus based on personal and business performance
- Free share scheme where you receive £3,600 worth of shares every year
- 28 days holiday, including Bank holidays, plus extra time for good health
- Group pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Group Life Assurance
- Training & Development opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts scheme
- Discounted insurance offers
- Discounted health care schemes
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Complete the application form and send us your CV.
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
We understand that balancing the demands of a family and a career can be challenging at times. Taking time off work to be with your new family is very important and we recognise that many fathers, partners and adopters want to be more hands on and involved with the care of their children. We are committed to supporting our staff when they go through parenthood and a valued source of support is provided by our Parental Leave policies. The policies allow staff to spend cherished time at home with their family, so that when they return to work, they can thrive and flourish. Our policies go above the statutory pay requirements to encourage our staff to take more time at home when they become parents. As long as you've worked for us for 26 weeks, you can expect the following benefits. Maternity LeaveEmployees receive 16 weeks of full pay, followed by 23 weeks statutory maternity payPaternity LeaveEmployees receive 2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks statutory paternity pay and 12 days of unpaid leave (should they wish to take it)Shared Parental LeaveWhen both parents work for Admiral they can share the 16-weeks full pay benefit. So, if the mother/primary caregiver decides to return to work prior to 16 weeks, the other parent can pick up the remaining weeks on full payIf one parent is employed by Admiral, and together with their partner fulfil eligibility criteria, they can share the Parental LeaveAdmiral believes that the support doesn’t stop at Parental Leave. We recognise that flexible working is another valuable way in which our staff can attain the work-life balance they need and so employees can request flexible working arrangements.Our employee benefits don’t stop here, take a look at our top 7 perks for working at Admiral.
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
When it comes to staff benefits and perks we have everything you’d expect from a large FTSE 100 company, like a contributory pension scheme, free shares, dental care and so on. Our commitment to providing staff with the services and support they need to ensure that they are happy and healthy in their working lives ensures we are offering more than the basics. We hope this has contributed to the fact that we’ve made the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for list for the 17th year in a row.In this article, we will explore some of our most popular staff benefits…1. Free staff sharesAll staff who work for the Admiral Group receive up to £3,600 worth of company shares every year after the first year of service. Staff can sell these shares when they reach 3 years old, and at year 5, they are tax free, so its worth holding off if you can!Many staff have used their shares to buy holidays, their first house, cars etc. No wonder its one of our most popular benefits!2. Staff and family discountsA 15% discount is available off our car and pet insurance policies, as well as 10% off travel and home insurance for the following: employee, spouse, partner, children, parents, brothers and sisters. As well as discounts on our insurance products, we offer a staff breakdown scheme. On top of these discounts, a favourable APR rate off our loans from Admiral Loans is also available.3. Moving home advanceIf you’re looking to buy your first home but don’t have quite enough to get the deposit you need or to cover the legal fees, or if you’re looking to move into a rented property but need help to cover bonds and moving costs, then you can receive an interest-free advance of up to £2,000 from the company.4. Buy a book schemeYou can purchase books that will help you develop in your role at Admiral Group and the company will pay for them through David’s Buy a Book Scheme.5. Tickets to sponsored eventsOne of the benefits of working for Admiral is access to tickets to events that Admiral sponsors. In the past this has included tickets to, Wales rugby home international matches, pantomimes, shows at the Wales Millennium Centre, Techniquest Afterhours, weekly ticket giveaways to Chapter Arts Centre and much more.6. Discounts in local shops/businessesWe have secured staff discounts, ranging from 5%-25% with many local and national retailers such as; Oakwood Theme Park, Thomas Cook, Cardiff Nutrition, Wahaca, Papa Johns, Tim Hortons, Wok 2 Walk, O2, Pure Gym, The Body Shop and many more!7. Contributory pension schemeYou can start paying into the company pension scheme as soon as you start working for the Admiral Group and we will contribute to your pension up to 6% of your basic gross salary or a total of £9,000 p.a., whichever is lower.
As one of our four pillars to our culture, Reward and Recognition is extremely important. We believe that happy staff make happy customers, so we have a huge range of great benefits to make sure everybody has something to smile about! Here are a few of our more popular ones.